Senior Project Manager
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and hardworking Senior Project Manager to join our team. At Brighton, all the expertise needed to deliver insightful and creative marketing solutions is under one roof. Our collaborative atmosphere allows our experts in each marketing discipline to bring ideas and experience to each project. This multi-dimensional approach translates to compelling communications and on-trend solutions that deliver results.
The primary functions of the Senior Project Manager position include project and program management, occasional client management and team leadership. The position requires a sufficient breadth and depth of expertise in Brighton’s digital and traditional capabilities to lead large, multi-disciplinary teams of people to successfully deliver integrated client solutions. This position will also help Brighton elevate the business processes and best practices of our project management team. The right candidate may also take on a leadership role in our project management discipline.
The Senior Project Manager manages complex, multi-track projects or small-scale programs to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost and quality while maintaining a positive environment that promotes individual development and high performance standards. He/she uses advanced problem-solving skills, strong business skills, solid verbal and written communication skills, excellent relationship-building skills and strong leadership and team management skills.
He/she must have a solid understanding of project management tools and approaches to manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects and the flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams to deliver balanced digital and traditional solutions for our clients’ challenging business problems. Formal project management training and PMP certification are strongly desired.
Essential Job Functions
- Structures and manages integrated, multi-track projects and/or programs of multiple projects. Leads the development and tracking of integrated plans across digital and traditional projects.
- Oversees the development of project deliverables. Establishes and maintains processes to manage scope over the project lifecycle. Identifies and manages project and/or program issues. Sets project quality and performance standards.
- Responsible for ongoing client satisfaction and serves as the project team’s representative and advocate in client discussions. Manages all facets of peer-level client relationships, including expectations, communications, negotiations, escalation and feedback. Provides day-to-day project contact for clients.
- Adapts Brighton’s approach to meet project and program objectives and client business-drivers. Establishes and maintains project and/or program communications. Oversees project estimations and staffing.
- Assesses and manages risk within, and across, multiple projects. Maintains project tracking and information systems.
- Partners with others to lead teams of 5-25 people across creative design, user experience design, software development, client services, strategy, social media and/or marketing disciplines. Builds and structures the project team to ensure maximum performance. Provides purpose, direction and motivation to project teams.
- Clarifies and communicates project objectives and success criteria. Ensures key project and program-wide roles and responsibilities are defined across disciplines. Ensures the use of best practices and applies lessons learned from previous projects.
- Ensures a positive, collaborative work environment for the team. May supervise the work of more junior Project Managers.
- Mentors and coaches fellow project managers and other project team members as appropriate.
- Manages third-party freelancer, partner and/or vendor relationships, as necessary.
- Maintains awareness of the current industry environments that shape opportunities for client solutions—e.g., news events, industry trends, technology trends, mergers, etc.
- Collaborates with the leadership team to pursue, shape and sell client solutions utilizing innovative sales tools and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7-10 years experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work under pressure
- Works well as part of a team, with ranges of people and personalities
Brighton Agency offers a competitive salary with a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, paid time off and paid holidays.
Candidates can apply on our website, www.BrightonAgency.com.